Data Scientist (Focused on Python)
We’re a thriving and agile tech development firm. People are at the center of everything we do. Simply put, we care. Our team personally cares about our clients and the world around them, and we care about our team’s life-long dreams, aspirations, and career development.
We strongly believe in the power of community. This is why we seek opportunities to build meaningful relationships with everyone around us. We’re like a family, but with people from all over the world.
We celebrate diversity in all its forms. Backgrounds, personalities, career paths, languages... you name it. We actively innovate, learn, and share stories around the topic. We want everyone to feel welcomed and included in all we do.
We like having fun and enjoying ourselves. We wake up every day inspired to build a more efficient and enjoyable world.
As our new Data Scientist, we’ll expect you to be creative when it comes to coding, problem-solving, and modern design. You’ll be ready and eager to collaborate with technical and non-technical teammates to plan, develop, and deliver end-end machine learning systems. We’ll expect you to take ownership of your tasks, excel at time management, and be a fast learner, while also focusing on ongoing personal improvement.
Your key responsibilities
- Understand business requirements
- Develop comprehensive documentation
- Develop end-to-end data science solutions
- Participate in designing data analysis pipelines
- Apply quantitative techniques to large datasets to obtain actionable insights and execute them in real-time
The ideal candidate has
- 2+ years experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics (a Master’s degree in AI/Data Analysis would be considered an asset)
- Experience in a data-driven software engineering environment, with an end-to-end understanding of how to leverage data to make business decisions.
- A high level of comfort working with data that is sometimes incomplete, messy, or both.
- English or French at a working-level proficiency (full bilingualism is preferred)
You should be comfortable with
- Python as a programming language
- Deep learning frameworks (such as Tensorflow, Keras, and Pytorch)
- Python libraries (such as Nampy, Panda, Saikit Learn, and OpenCV)
- Data cleaning and pre-processing steps
- Agile development methodologies
It’s a plus if you have experience with:
- Building large scale data science solutions
- ApacheSpark and SparkML
- Statistical frameworks
- Experience working in cross-functional teams to deliver AI/data science end-to-end software solutions