Full Stack Developer
Osedea is looking for its first London hires into our development team. Our mission is to build the most autonomous and forward-thinking technology team possible, with engineers that can take our vibrant company culture to the next level. We’re building our tech team in London from scratch, however, we have a pre-existing company culture stemming from Montréal and Nantes. We are remote-first & location agnostic, though we meet in London every 2-4 weeks.
What is critical for this role is a curiosity about technology. As we build our team, the goal is to attract those with the desire for autonomy and the ambition to excel in a new challenge. You will be one of our first engineering hires and you should be comfortable with this responsibility.
Our expanding London office is looking for technologists who want to innovate, bring ideas to life and work on exciting projects. If you like collaborating and enjoy being a part of different tech communities we want to hear from you.
We’re a thriving and agile tech development firm. People are at the center of everything we do. Simply put, we care. Our team personally cares about our clients and the world around them, and we care about our team’s life-long dreams, aspirations, and career development.
We strongly believe in the power of community. This is why we seek opportunities to build meaningful relationships with everyone around us. We’re like a family, but with people from all over the world.
We celebrate diversity in all its forms. Backgrounds, personalities, career paths, languages... you name it. We actively innovate, learn, and share stories around the topic. We want everyone to feel welcomed and included in all we do.
We like having fun and enjoying ourselves. We wake up every day inspired to build a more efficient and enjoyable world.
We want the right person, not a checklist ticked. If you don’t quite hit all the criteria, you should still apply!
As our new Full-Stack Developer, we expect you to:
- Support those around you, be a good communicator and empathetic towards others
- Have 3-5 years of experience as a software developer
- Share you ideas on growing the engineering team
- Be disciplined when it comes to software development, ready and eager to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Able to plan, develop, and deliver web and/or mobile applications for our clients.
- We expect you to take ownership of your tasks
- Excel at time management
- Enjoying staying up to date with new technologies and be a fast learner
- Be comfortable with the unknown
The responsibilities listed below are mentioned to give you a reference point for our processes and practices. Above all else, we look at personal ability and potential for growth when hiring for this position.
- Developing software according to specifications (SRS, Interface Designs)
- Uphold and reinforce software development guidelines
- Acquiring and sharing knowledge with colleagues
- Research, test, and implement new techniques and technologies
- Client Interaction and collaboration across teams
- Web User Interface
- At least one major modern programming language
- Agile/Lean Development Methodologies
- Application Testing
- Operating Systems
Initial call with Bea to get to know each other (15-30 mins).
- Then we will send you a Coding challenge you can do it in either Python or React.
- You have up to 4days to complete this challenge
If the challenge is successful Bea will book a 1-hour interview for you
- 30 min HR interview with Bea, we’re interested in understanding your motivations.
- 30 min Technical interview with 2 devs, we’re going to walk through your challenge and talk tech.
Once we are finished here you’ll meet Joe and Martin for 30 minutes to walk-through starting dates and A.O.B
Joe Tanner - https://www.linkedin.com/in/josephsullivantanner/
Martin Coulombe - https://www.linkedin.com/in/martin-coulombe-osedea/
Bea Godoy - https://www.linkedin.com/in/beagodoy/
- You’ll get 25 days of annual leave, and 8 bank holidays - that’s 33 days in total
- One of the most common questions we get is: do you allow remote work? At Osedea, you get to choose whether you work 100% remote, 100% at the office or anywhere in between.
- We have a flexible office space in Central London in 2022 where you can float in and out to brainstorm, catch up, have 1-2-1s and socialise
- Team members have the opportunity to work from one of our international offices for 2-6 weeks, expenses such as flights and stay costs are covered by Osedea.
- We also have a plan that allows you to work from anywhere, whether it's a cottage in the mountains or a tropical island, for up to eight weeks.
- A diverse and inclusive team, with people from all walks of life.
- Regular spontaneous work events, locally and internationally.
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Private health insurance including dependents
- Generous primary caregiver package, 12 weeks of full pay
- Building families, up to £12.5k for fertility treatments, adoption, etc
- Dreams come true, work with us for 2 years and we’ll pay you £3k and give you an extra week of holiday, whether a surfing trip to Costa Rica or a Kitchen Renovation, the choice is yours.
- In addition to our insurance coverage (health and dental), we offer a spending account to enable you to prioritse your well-being.