Full Stack Developer (Senior)
We’re a thriving and agile tech development firm. People are at the center of everything we do. Simply put, we care. Our team personally cares about our clients and the world around them, and we care about our team’s life-long dreams, aspirations, and career development.
We strongly believe in the power of community. This is why we seek opportunities to build meaningful relationships with everyone around us. We’re like a family, but with people from all over the world.
We celebrate diversity in all its forms. Backgrounds, personalities, career paths, languages... you name it. We actively innovate, learn, and share stories around the topic. We want everyone to feel welcomed and included in all we do.
We like having fun and enjoying ourselves. We wake up every day inspired to build a more efficient and enjoyable world.
As our new Senior Full-Stack Developer, we expect you to be disciplined when it comes to software development, and ready and eager to both collaborating with and mentor technical and non-technical teammates as you plan, develop, and deliver web and mobile applications for our clients. We expect you to lead projects as well as teams. We expect you to take ownership of your tasks, excel at time management, and be a fast learner, while also focusing on ongoing personal improvement.
The technologies listed below are mentioned to give you a reference point for our stack. Above all else, we look at personal ability and potential for growth when hiring for this position.
- Develop software according to specifications (SRS, Interface Designs)
- Coach colleagues to encourager their professional growth
- Confidently take initiative on projects and tasks
- Uphold and reinforce software development guidelines
- Research, test, and implement new techniques and technologies
- Advise and consult with clients around technical decisions and direction
- Foster a DevOps Culture
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- A Bachelor’s degree, college degree, or certification in a software-related field
- English or French at working-level proficiency (full bilingualism is preferred)
- Web User Interface (React, Polymer, AngularJS, Vue.js, etc.)
- At least one major modern programming language (NodeJS, Typescript, Java, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Agile/Lean Development Methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- In-Memory object storage, caching and queue systems
- Software Architectural and Design Patterns
- Documentation best practices and standards (UML)
- Application Testing (unit, functional, mocks, etc.)
- Containerization (Docker)
- Operating Systems (major Linux distributions, OSX, Windows)
- Cloud-hosting platforms (at least one of AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Software Development Pipelines
- Open-source contributions
- Mobile application development (Native or Hybrid, such as React Native or Flutter)